Have you been struggling to get a moment of peace because of your crying baby? Well, having babies is not a wonderful thing after all, as there are a number of responsibilities attached to that great feeling of being a parent.
To be successful as a parent, you need to invest your money in a baby swing. There are plenty of reasons to buy a baby swing, but the most important is the soothing experience that babies get.
Having a baby swing gives you time to pursue other jobs and you don’t have to worry about the safety of your baby, as they are going to remain safe in a baby swing. Now, the question arises here is, how you can get the best baby swing? Many companies claim their baby swings to be the best, but it is not in their hands to decide.
We have done in-depth research on the top baby swings just like how we found the best swing stands for your entertainment. It’s just that, we thought your baby needs something to relax and entertain, and what else could be more relaxing and entertaining than a comfortable baby swing. Go through the reviews of five best baby swings as per consumer reports and decide as to which one suits your baby in the best way.
- 1. Fisher-Price Sweet Snugapuppy Dreams Cradle 'n Swing
- 2. Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing
- 3. Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle 'N Swing with Smart Swing Technology
- 4. Fisher-Price Papasan Cradle Swing
- 5. Graco DuetSoothe Baby Swing and Rocker
Check out this adorable baby swing, which features a puppy seat as well, where you can lay down your little one. The swing moves in two different directions, i.e., head to toe and side-to-side, so whichever direction your baby feels most comfortable swinging, you can swing this unit that way.
When it comes to swing speeds, then there are six options available in this baby swing, so if your baby is not comfortable with a certain speed, then you can increase or decrease it. Moreover, there are 16 types of nature and music sounds that can be played to calm your baby. The company has made sure of each and everything in this baby swing, so there is no reason for your baby to not like this unit.
The swing can be set to two different recline positions, which is a great feature, as it allows parents to accommodate both newborns and older babies. There is a mirror installed at the top along with soft animals, which will keep babies entertained.
The seat of this baby swing features removable inserts, which offer better support for new-born. Moreover, the seat cover if get dirty can be easily washed in a washing machine.
- There are two different recline positions for parents to choose from.
- 16 music and nature sounds for entertainment.
- Highly comfortable swing, as the company has used top quality and baby-friendly material.
- Six different speed options to calm babies
- The swing has a large base; therefore, it may not fit the rooms that already is running out of space.
There is every reason to like this sway swing. Graco Simple Sway Swing has got plenty of features and a dexterous design that is good enough to attract anybody. The product works on both, AC power and battery, so parents can use this baby swing at home and can take it out as well.
This compact swing won’t take too much space in the house. The strong frame of the baby swing gives a feeling of relief to the parents. This baby swing comes with great removable head support and a fluffy seat, which ensure more comfort for the babies.
- Babies who give trouble to their parents while going to sleep can now easily sleep by listening to ten songs and five soothing sounds.
- Parents can choose from six different speeds to make their little ones relaxed and in a good mood.
- The baby swing comes with a five-point harness that will keep the baby safe and secure.
- Save money on batteries by plugging the swing into the AC mains.
- Ensures complete entertainment for the babies, as it has multiple songs and sounds.
- The compact design of the swing allows people to put this swing anywhere.
- The product doesn’t come in assembled form, so users will have to do it themselves.
No doubt this model has dominated the “#1 Best Seller” in “Baby Swings Category” of Amazon for a long time! Don’t ask why just check our short review for it below.
When it comes to the feature-packed baby swing, there is no comparison with the Fisher-Price Snugabunny Baby Swing that is equipped with a world-class smart swing technology. It has got the facility where allows you to rock it in two different motions, head to toe or side-wise.
You just have to see the motion your baby is most comfortable with and continue rocking the baby swing in that way. An assortment of features has been encapsulated in the machine to give a fulfilled and comfortable experience to the babies.
The company’s patented Smart Swing Technology allows faster and deeper sleep. Just a couple of minutes on this cradle cum swing and your baby will enter into the dreamland. The bunny theme blended with bright green color adds to the aesthetic appeal. The machine works on AC power as well as on batteries, and there is hardly any noise of the motor
- This swing ensures sound sleep because of the variety of swings that babies get.
- There is no need to worry about your babies, as the company has taken care of all the safety measures.
- This is a portable cradle ‘N swing, which can be taken anywhere. Just pack it and place it in the car.
- The structure of this unit ensures proper balance even during the bumpy rides.
To ensure 100% comfort for your baby, you can buy Fisher-Price Papasan Cradle Swing. It has got two reclining positions, which are more than enough to provide comfort to your baby no matter what position he/she takes. The baby swing comes with six different speeds, which can be controlled easily.
There are a total of 16 songs (8 fun songs and 8 soothing songs) given in the baby swing that will keep your baby in a good mood throughout the day. The machine is quite smart when it comes to saving power. The lights and music automatically turned off after seven minutes when the machine is operated on the batteries.
- Soft and comfortable for babies.
- It is an ideal machine when babies want to rest without being cranky.
- It comes with great safety measures.
- The padding given in the baby swing keeps the baby’s spine intact.
- The headrest and the canopy can be easily detached and washed.
- Assembling this baby swing is pretty easy and anybody can do it.
- The motor makes a little noise.
Well, this is a baby swing that keeps your baby comfortable and busy, so that you can finish other important household tasks. It is not just a baby swing, but a rocker as well, so your baby will definitely like laying in this unit.
The ‘Rocker’ feature makes this baby swing to sway both, back and forth and side-by-side. You can adjust the sway and swing speed as per the comfort level of your baby.
The baby swing comes along with a handle that allows you to carry it along with you. This feature is handy when your baby can’t stay alone and always want someone around.
The unit is energy-efficient, as it features a cord that can be plugged into the power outlet to turn on the baby swing. There is an option to use the unit with batteries as well, so the baby swing will work even if there is power outage.
There are many beautiful melodies and sounds installed in the unit, which can be played to entertain the child. There is overhead as well, where you can hang toys for your baby to play with.
- Easy to unsnap and carry along.
- The seat can be removed easily.
- Lightweight, yet durable construction makes the unit last longer.
- Lots of speed and music variations.
- The width of the baby swing may prevent it from entering through smaller doors.
- Some users have complained about creaking noise coming out of the motor.
- Not a compact unit.
Baby swings are soothing
In order to calm a fussy baby, parents try a number of things. You yourself must have tried lots of things, but had they worked? I guess not, so what you can do is, you can choose a baby swing out of the five that we’ve discussed above, and select the best one for your baby. You will definitely feel the difference in the moods of your baby.
Baby swings ensure a quicker and deeper sleep
The biggest worry for parents is when their babies don’t sleep. Despite all the efforts and songs, they keep on crying in their ears and giving them the worst headaches ever. But, with baby swings, babies can sleep within minutes. Parents just have to rock the swing for a few minutes, until their babies shut off their eyes.
Baby swings help break the shackles
Parents have plenty of things to do apart from handling babies. By having a baby swing in the house will let them do all the tasks, while their babies relax and enjoy the time sitting/lying on the baby swing.
Baby swings offer a comprehensive entertainment
To keep babies in a good mood, it is very important for parents to surround them with great toys and materials, which are attractive and entertaining. Or, a baby swing is good enough to do the job. The rocking motion and plenty of songs will keep babies entertained throughout the day.
Still, confused to purchase the baby swing or not? Then, let’s discuss the baby swing benefits for father, mother and the baby!
- Easy to maintain a baby when the mother is not at home
- No need to keep the baby in arms to soothe
- Comfortable to ensure the safety of the baby
- Best way to soothe the baby for housewives
- Easy to play with the baby
- No need to give extra attention to the baby
- Baby will spend a good time in the baby swing without any engagement
- A good device to enjoy a good nap
- The seat is very comfortable and neck support is perfect for newborn baby care
- Music and natural sound amuse the baby
- Mobile-set gives the opportunity to play alone. Moving toys get the attention of the baby very easily
Step 1: Stability
You have to check whether the legs of the baby swing are properly leveled. You will not like to put your baby on a swing that shakes weirdly without setting up any motion. Check the quality of the leg tubes, if they are apt in providing a decent operation. Moreover, you should keep the baby swing on a sturdy base, so that it doesn’t slip when you turn it on.
Step 2: Operational power
You can choose from battery operated baby swings or AC power operated baby swings. There are some swings available that works on both types of power. But, make sure if the company is giving batteries along with the product or not. Batteries are expensive and it can increase your budget as well.
Step 3: Seat Type
In order to ensure the comfort of your baby, you have to determine the seat type. There are a host of seat types available, so choose the one that offers firm support for the baby. Especially his/her back because he/she will lay down for most of the time. Some baby swings come with a separate cradle also, so you can buy that version if you want. Don’t forget to check if the seats are made in accordance with the NHTSA standards, as these standards ensure quality and reliability of the seats.
Step 4: Safety
There is no way you are going to buy a baby swing without checking the safety aspects that are given in the baby swing. It should have a multiple point harness, a seat belt, and a removable tray. Despite all the safety aspects, you should not leave your baby unattended for too long!
Step 5: Multiple speeds and positions
A baby swing needs to have multiple speeds and seat recline positions, so that if the baby has got bored with one speed and/or position, then you can change it before he/she starts crying.
That’s pretty much it! Follow the steps wisely to your case, then you will surely get the top baby swing for your baby. Otherwise, wrongly selected baby swing will waste your money, nothing else!
Tips For Using Baby Swings
Many new parents do not have any ideas about using the baby swing. Remember that, any wrong action could do harm to the baby. For that reason, this is important to read the following tips on how to use a baby swing in the right way:
Firstly, always keep in mind to use the swing to relax your baby. Many pediatricians say that babies stop crying when they are soothed in the right way. Putting them on a swing is one such way
Secondly, keep the swing to its minimum speed when the baby goes to sleep. Moreover, as soon as he/she sleeps, take him/her out of the baby swing and put it on the crib
Thirdly, beware of adding any overstimulating material because such things will scare your baby instead of entertaining them. I’m referring to the light projectors and other over-innovative entertainment things
Fourthly, don’t over swing your baby, as it will restrict his/her natural movements. Also, check the position of the seats if they are intact or slid away from their actual positions
At last, you need to perform all the safety checks before putting your baby in the swing. The product should be passed by the AAP Safety Regulations and doesn’t go beyond certain angles, where babies could fall off the swing.
Babies feel a lot better when they are in the warmth and comfort of their parents’ arms, but the same feeling can be given by letting them sit on a comforting and cozy baby swing. We have discussed some of the most popular baby swings, but for real, it is still very difficult to truly determine the best baby swing.
Basically, it depends upon your requirements and budget, which baby swing would you like to buy. If you want to buy a reliable and affordable baby swing without getting tired or jaded, then just go through reviews of the five best baby swings consumer reports.